Frequently Asked Questions about Bulk SMS:
1. What is bulk sms or bulk messaging?
Bulk Messaging is the delivery of large numbers of SMS messages to mobile handsets. It is used by various enterprises for a variety of purposes including mobile marketing and important notifications. Bulk SMS is commonly used for service renewal reminders, offers & discounts, event reminders, festival wishes, and important alerts, etc. See Applications for more information.
2. How many messages can I send at a time?
You can send 1, 1000, 100000, or any number of messages at a time.
3. Can I send national sms?
You can send both local and national sms (within India). There are no additional charges for national sms.
4. What is the maximum text length allowed?
The message length allowed for 1 credit message is 160 characters. If the text length exceeds 160 characters then the message consumes 2 or more credits. The character length for 2 messages is 306, for 3 messages is 459, for 4 messages is 612, and for 5 messages is 724.
5. What are sms credits?
SMS credits are the currency you need to purchase to send messages. A message with 160 characters consumes 1 credit. It consumes more than 1 credit if message length is more than 160 characters.
6. How do I check my sms credit balance?
Credit balance can be seen from your control panel after you login to your account.
7. How messages deliver if the same consumes more than 1 credit?
It delivers as a single SMS irrespective of credit count.
8. Do my business/organization need bulk sms service?
Many hundreds of industries and enterprises are benefiting from Bulk SMS. Visit Applications page for details.
9. Do I need to install software to send messages?
BulkSMS1.com provides online interface and Excel Plugin. A computer/laptop/smart phone with internet connection is necessary to send messages. Software installation is not required if you use online interface to send messages. Excel Plugin installation is required if you want to use Excel to send messages.
10. How do I send messages?
Login to the account, compose a message, enter/upload mobile numbers, and click on Send button to start delivering messages. You will receive a secured account with the login URL, username, and password when you order a bulk sms package or request a FREE Demo Account from BulkSMS1.com.
11. Do BulkSMS1.com adds any text in our message?
BulkSMS1.com doesn’t add any text in your message.
12. What are the features of your bulk sms packages?
Visit Features page for details.
13. Is it possible to test the service of BulkSMS1.com before purchasing?
Yes. Please register for a FREE Demo Account. One of the BulkSMS1.com officers helps you with the demo account. BulkSMS1.com offers fully functional demo account.
14. How do I manage my contacts?
You can create and manage groups for contacts management.
15. Can I schedule messages for later date and time?
16. What is a Sender ID?
The recipients receive messages with a title (or Header) and content. The title looks like LM-060000 or LM-DEMOAC. This is called as Sender ID.
17. Can I choose my Sender ID?
You can select your company name or brand name (6 characters) like TD-CHUKKI as your sender id in case of transactional messages. In case of promotional messages you cannot choose your id and messages deliver with the id similar to LM-060000.
18. Is it possible to integrate bulk sms into our software?
Yes. We provide HTTP APIs which can be used in your application/software.
19. How do I confirm the message delivery?
You can view and download detailed message delivery reports from your control panel.
20. How much time does it take to deliver a message?
Messages start delivering immediately after you click on Send or Submit button.
21. What is the validity of my account?
Every account comes with 1 year validity.
22. What is a DND registered number?
DND (Do Not Disturb) registered numbers are those numbers registered under NCPR (National Customer Preference Register) not to receive any commercial call or message.
23. Do messages deliver to DND (Do Not Disturb) numbers?
It depends on the intended purpose of use. Visit Order Now page for details.
24. Do BulkSMS1.com allows sending commercial call or messages to DND registered numbers?
No. As per the TRAI regulations, commercial calls, or messages deliver to only Non-DND numbers.
25. What are the differences between promotional and transactional messages?
|Promotional Messages||Transactional Messages|
|Send promotional/informative messages to known/unknown contacts||Send only informative messages to known contacts like employees, customers, members, etc.|
|Messages deliver instantly||Messages deliver instantly|
|As per the TRAI regulations message delivery time is 9 am to 9 pm||Message deliver 24 hours a day and 7 days a week|
|Messages deliver with the 6 digit numerical sender id||Messages deliver with the 6 letter sender id (For Example: MD-DEMOAC)|
|Messages deliver on all non-DND numbers (non NCPR numbers). Credits not deducted for DND numbers||Messages deliver on all numbers including DND numbers|
|No control over the sender id||Option to get multiple sender ids in one account|
26. How to get 6 letter alphabetical sender id for promotional messages?
You can avail the same through transaction Non-DND account.
27. Which file formats are supported to upload numbers to send Bulk SMS?
Upload a .txt (Notepad), .xls (MS Excel), or .csv (Character Separated Values) file.
28. What is the difference between .xls and .csv file?
XLS files consume more memory size compared to CSV files when data entered one below one in a single column. Due to their small memory size CSV files can be uploaded and downloaded much faster than XLS files.
XLS is an MS Excel workbook binary file, which holds information about all the worksheets in a workbook. CSV files hold plain text as a series of values (cells) separated by commas (,) in a series of lines (rows).
XLS files can only read by applications that have been especially written to read their format, and can only be written in the same way. CSV file can be opened in a text editor.
29. Can I send non-English (Unicode/Indian Language) message?
Yes. Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Gujrathi, Marathi, Malayalam, Oriya, Punjabi, Urdu, Sanskrit, and Bengali messages deliver through BulkSMS1.com messaging platform. Every message consumes 70 characters/credit in unicode messaging.
30. What happens on recharge?
When you recharge (buy credits for the existing account) the newly bought credits will be added to the balance credits along with one year validity.
31. What is an Order Form?
Order Form is a document provided by BulkSMS1.com during purchase where customer sends it back duly filled. The customer has to provide the details like Name, Address, Contact Number, Package, and Payment Transaction Details required for invoice generation and account activation.
32. How much discount does BulkSMS1.com offers on package prices?
BulkSMS1.com offers excellent services at best prices. The prices include service tax, one year validity, online, email, and phone support.
33. Are there any hidden charges?
BulkSMS1.com packages don’t have any hidden fees. Transaction charges apply on few payment modes (Bank charges in case of cash deposit and transaction fees in case of credit/debit card payment).
34. How BulkSMS1.com comes to know about the depositor of the amount?
BulkSMS1.com always expects the respective payment transaction document’s soft copy from the amount depositor along with the order form. Respective documents include scanned copy of challen, fund transfer successful transaction id, cheque number, credit/debit card transaction number, etc.
35. I am in Delhi. Do you provide your services in Delhi?
Yes. We serve clients from all parts of India.
36. What is BulkSMS1.com working hours?
9 am to 7 pm on all business days.
37. What are the credentials of BulkSMS1.com?
BulkSMS1.com is owned by aCUBE Technologies based in Bangalore, India. BulkSMS1.com is providing messaging services from 2009 and has a strong 2,000+ loyal customers all over India as on 2014. aCUBE Technologies is a registered firm as per state and central government norms. aCUBE issues taxed invoices on all purchases.
38. Do BulkSMS1.com send any sales executives to customer’s office?
The complete process including demo account, account activation, pre-sales & after-sales support, business proposal, and invoice happens over online, email, and phone. The message sending process is much similar to sending a message from your mobile phone.
39. How do you support your customers?
We provide support via phone, email, and remote screen sharing (if necessary).
40. How much does it cost per sms?
It depends on the package and volume you choose. Visit Order Now page for details.
42. How do I pay for the packages?
Visit Order Now page for payment options.
43. Can I partner with BulkSMS1.com?
Yes. You can resell our sms solutions.
43. What other services do you offer?
Visit Relevant Services page for details.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bulk Voice Calls:
1. What is a Bulk Voice Call?
Outbound Call Service or Voice Broadcasting is a mass communication technique that broadcasts pre-recorded voice messages to hundreds or thousands of telephone recipients at once.
2. How to do Bulk Voice Call campaign?
BulkSMS1.com provides the online interface to initiate bulk voice calls.
3. How to record a voice?
Voice can be recorded using mobile handset, laptop, computer system, etc.
4. What is the required format for a sound file?
BulkSMS1.com supports .wav audio files.
5. How to convert audio file to a .wav format?
Use desktop application or online sound editors to convert voice clips to .wav format files.
6. What should be the size of a sound file?
BulkSMS1.com supports up to 2 MB .wav audio files.
7. How bulk voice call credits measured?
Every 30 seconds consume 1 credit. 1 second for connecting the call and 1 second for disconnecting is consumed. So, under 28 seconds sound can be played using 1 credit.
8. Do you charge for all the uploaded numbers?
No. BulkSMS1.com’s interface deducts credits for only connected calls.
9. How to send the voice calls to DND numbers?
As per the TRAI regulations, calls deliver only on non-DND numbers.
10. What is a caller id?
Caller Id/number is the number displayed on the receiver’s phone. Caller Id is a tele-marketing registered number which starts from 011/012/013/014 etc., BulkSMS1.com uses only those ids.
11. How to schedule a bulk voice call campaign?
BulkSMS1.com’s voice call interface supports the campaign scheduling feature. Scheduling time should be within 9 am and 9 pm.
12. How to upload the contact numbers?
Upload a .csv file with the numbers listed one below one can to send bulk voice calls.
13. What is the voice call delivery time?
Voice call delivery starts immediately after submission.
14. How to integrate voice call with my application?
BulkSMS1.com provides the API to integrate bulk voice call with the application.
15. How to know the status of call delivery?
You can download a detailed voice call delivery report from BulkSMS1.com’s interface.
16. What are the details we get in the call delivery report?
BulkSMS1.com provides the below details in a voice call delivery report.
|Call Start time||1/12/2015 12:56|
|Call End time||1/12/2015 12:56|
|Duration in Seconds||23|
|Reason of Failure||NA|
|Latch Status||Call Successful|